About four million Americans yearly miss or delay their medical appointments because they lack transportation. This population category includes disabled people, aging seniors, older adults in rural or mountainous areas, ordinarily healthy people hindered by trauma, surgery, or medication. Fortunately, state Medicaid programs provide access to NEMT for disadvantaged, low-income people with transportation issues. Due to NEMT, fragile patients can see healthcare providers or visit pharmacies whenever they need it. NEMT vehicles are fitted out with special tools and equipment, this way, riders have safe and comfortable trips. However, NEMT companies face various problems, such as:
- NEMT dispatching, scheduling, and routing operations take plenty of time if they are managed manually.
- Human errors – they can inflict a loss on the company.
- Every NEMT provider runs under different circumstances: mountainous region, rural or urban areas, etc.
- NEMT can deal with both single or multiple funders, it can lead to muddle.
- The structure of Medicare, Medicaid, or other insurance services differs from state to state, so NEMT companies must know all their particular aspects to work effectively.
On the other hand, NEMT providers must handle certain issues on the daily basis. These issues include:
Issues with frequent vehicles breaking down
Driver getting lost
Add on trips
Luckily, you can get a solution that can help to run the business more effectively and avoid hundreds of disappointing and costly errors – it’s RouteGenie NEMT software. What makes it so effective:The quality software automates ALL operations – non-emergency and medical transport management, billing operations, communication with passengers, healthcare providers, and payers, etc.It significantly reduces or even eliminates errors. Thanks to this, providers will perform much better, and clients will get perfect service; therefore, the company’s profit will increase.
Note that the best NEMT software must be customizable per your business needs and cover all operations.